Malinda loves to share her passion for photography with super cool tips, tricks, and techniques to take your images to the next level. From absolute beginner to aspiring professional photographer, there are classes and private lessons to suit everyone. Classes are held at Evendale Cultural Arts Center, convenient to I75 near GE, with hands-on shooting plus pages of tips. Join Malinda for a camera class soon and make better memories with each click of the shutter.
Digital SLR Photography 2: Beyond Auto Mode
Evendale Cultural Arts Center
10500 Reading Road
Cincinnati OH 45241
On Reading Road at Glendale Milford in the old Evendale School, convenient to I-75 and I-275 in Evendale.
Dates: June 6-27, 7-9pm Thursday Nights
Malinda’s Intermediate class. For folks who know the basics and want to go to the next step. DSLR2 is our most popular class and fills quickly! Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- More “technical” than Digital 101 class – more math & fractions. We get into Aperture & shutter speed.
- TIPS including Holding Your Camera – CRITICAL to making great photos, especially in low light
- ZOOM: Wide Angle vs. Telephoto. When & how to use them for best results. Lots of Info on Lenses.
- SETTINGS: Aperture (f-stop), Shutter Speed, & ISO – the equation to great images!
- MODES: Why using Program, A or Av, S or TV, and M is way better than Auto mode.
- COMPOSITION: Tips & Tricks for dynamic photos
- FLASH: When & how to use Force Flash and when to turn it off
- LIGHTING & EXPOSURE: taking control, overcoming problems, compensating for troublesome lighting.
- Plus: The critical “magic” button that few know about and why it’s so cool.
- SITUATIONS: everyday tips for sports, kids, flowers, groups, weddings & events, travel,…
- IMAGE FORMATS: absolutely necessary info on photo formats and how to save your precious images so you don’t accidentally destroy them!
- and Much MORE! The art center offers excellent indoor & outdoor shooting locations.
- If you’d rather not get into the “technical” stuff of Aperture & shutter speed, check out the Digital Photo 101 class – it’s not nearly as basic as you may think.
- Limited to 16. Register early! This class fills fast.
- $125 for 8 hours of class & practice time.
Now that I’ve taken this class, I do feel I have a better understanding of taking pictures the best way I can. I can’t believe how much is on my camera and I’ve had it for 6 years. Tessa
- Your New Camera – point & shoot or slr – learn to use your camera step by step.
- Beginner to Advanced Photography – all skill levels! Exposure, Composition, Lens choices, travel, macro, & MUCH more.
- Beginners & Adv Amateurs: 2 Hour class just $125. 4 Hour 1-1 Workshop $199.
- Check our our new PRO SERIES! Dreaming of starting your own business? We’re happy to help get you started on the right foot, with the right gear! Save TONS of money & time!
- GIFT CERTIFICATES available for all private lessons.
Perfect for beginners. This class is geared toward easy tips for the novice Digital Camera user, whether your camera is Point & Shoot or any type of interchangeable lens. Join us for some fun and learn about your camera!
- Get to know your Camera: All Cameras! Point & Shoot or Digital SLR
- PERFECT for new camera owners & beginners to digital photography!
- Easy tips to make better pictures without all the super techy stuff.