Malinda loves to share her passion for photography with super cool tips, tricks, and techniques to take your images to the next level. From absolute beginner to aspiring professional photographer, there are classes and private lessons to suit everyone. Classes are held in several locations, with hands-on shooting plus pages of tips. Join Malinda for a camera class or private lesson soon and make better memories with each click of the shutter.
Thank you Malinda! I’m NOT AFRAID OF MY CAMERA ANYMORE! You did such a great job teaching us the basics and helping us practice our skills. We had a fun day! Maureen, 1-1 lesson with sister
LOVED the first class! I am amazed at how much I have learned already!… I’m excited to see what’s next! Mindy, after 1st class of DSLR: Beyond AUTO Mode
Digital SLR: Beyond AUTO Mode
Evendale Cultural Arts Center: January 11-25, 2014, FULLClifton Cultural Arts Center, 3711 Clifton Avenue, 45220 February 8-22, 2014 Saturday mornings 10:00 am-12:30 pm, 3 weeks. If we have a snow day, we’ll go to 3/1.
Malinda’s Intermediate class. For folks who know the basics and want to go to the next step. Our most popular class and fills quickly!
Learn how to shoot faster & easier with more successful images! Malinda shares simple tricks to get the shot YOU want. 20 years practical experience distilled to 8 hours of workshop – TONS of info presented in ways that make it easy to understand & implement.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- More “technical” than Digital Photography 101 – more math & fractions. Aperture & shutter speed, what they mean and how to adjust them. If you’d rather not get into as much “technical” stuff, check out the Digital Photo 101 class - it’s not nearly as basic as you may think.
- TONS of TIPS including Holding Your Camera – CRITICAL to making great photos
- ZOOM: Wide Angle vs. Telephoto. When & how to use them for best results.
- SETTINGS: Aperture (f-stop), Shutter Speed, & ISO – the equation to great images!
- MODES: Why using Program, A (Nikon) or Av (Canon), S (Nikon) or TV (Canon) is way better than Auto mode. Yes we talk about Manual mode too but… see below.
- COMPOSITION: Tips & Tricks for dynamic photos
- FLASH: When & how to use Force Flash and when to turn it off
- LIGHTING & EXPOSURE: taking control, overcoming problems, compensating for troublesome lighting.
- Plus: The critical “magic” button that few know about and why it’s so cool.
- SITUATIONS: everyday tips for sports, kids, flowers, groups, weddings & events, travel,…
- IMAGE FORMATS: absolutely necessary info on photo formats and how to save your precious images so you don’t accidentally destroy them!
- and Much MORE! The art center offers excellent indoor & outdoor shooting locations.
- Limited to 16. Register early! This class fills fast.
- $125 for 8 hours of class & practice time.
- Register Now for Clifton: Feb session 8-22 (snow day 3/1 if needed) Directions here.
I can finally use my camera without being on the auto mode! I have tried watching instructional videos and reading books without any luck. After taking your class I have the confidence to use my camera the way it was designed to be used. I’m excited to keep practicing and keep improving! Thanks again for everything! I am amazed by how much I have learned! Mindy, after 8 hours of DSLR: Beyond Auto Mode
Debunking the Manual Mode Myth
Have you heard Manual Mode is “the only way to learn your camera & get great shots”? So not true! Manual mode & speed don’t work well together. We can’t exactly ask firefighters to put that hot spot out one more time because we missed it! We (professional news shooters with 20 yrs experience and tons of awards) only use Manual mode when it’s practical to do so – for situations like parties indoors – with a “set & forget” setting that’s so easy it’s ridiculous! Have more fun shooting, and get better shots by paying more attention to what’s in the lens than constantly trying to adjust for manual exposure. We have TONS of tricks up our sleeves – GET THE SHOT! We’ll share how – group classes & private lessons!
Now that I’ve taken this class, I do feel I have a better understanding of taking pictures the best way I can. I can’t believe how much is on my camera and I’ve had it for 6 years. Tessa
Photographing Your Children: Clifton Cultural Arts Center, January 8-22, 4-5pm.
Digital Photography 101: Evendale Cultural Arts Center, January 4, 10am-12:30pm
- Easy Practical tips taking you from what you know today to the next level.
- Helping you get the shots YOU want to take, whether you’re brand new or have years of experience with photography.
- Perfect for Your New Camera – point & shoot or slr – learn to use your new camera step by step – get started on the right foot from the beginning.
- Beginner to Advanced Photography – all skill levels! Exposure, Composition, Lens choices, travel, macro, & MUCH more. Your questions answered!
- Beginners & Adv Amateurs: 2 Hour class just $125. 4 Hour 1-1 Workshop $199.
- Dreaming of starting your own business? We’re happy to get you started on the right foot, with the right gear! Save TONS of money & time! Check our our new PRO SERIES!
- GIFT CERTIFICATES available for all private lessons.
Perfect for beginners. This class is geared toward easy tips for the novice or FULL AUTO Digital Camera user, whether your camera is Point & Shoot or any type of interchangeable lens. Join us for some fun and learn about your camera! Less math & tech, but still full of info.
- Get to know your Camera: All Cameras! Point & Shoot or Digital SLR
- PERFECT for new camera owners & beginners to digital photography!
- Easy tips to make better pictures without all the super techy stuff.
Suggestions? Please let us know what you’d like to learn! We’re all ears! Take a sec with our confidential form under CONTACT – click WORKSHOP SUGGESTIONS. Your help is greatly appreciated!