Camera & Photography Lessons
Photography Lessons make the perfect gift that keeps giving for a lifetime.
Any age. Any level. Lessons are custom for each person, their gear, their experience, their pace. From absolute beginner to aspiring photographer – simple, easy, understandable!
No Man Splaining!
Cut straight to the information needed to get to the next level – simple, easy, explained in an understandable way without the tech talk.
- I am a beginner at photography but I will tell you on my very first one on one lesson with Melinda I learned so much. She taught me more on the first lesson then I could have imagined! She was so nice and helpful. I feel confident at I will be able to take the photos I want when I am done with my lessons! I would highly recommend ! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Working with Hartong Digital for some photography lessons was amazing. Within the first few minutes, I had already started taking better pictures. Malinda has this down to a science and after a few tweaks here and there, your pictures are professional grade. I enjoyed the time with her, she's funny, easy going, and extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend investing with Hartong, you will get the best.
- Malinda is an extremely fun, informative and engaging instructor who will elevate your skills and passion for your photography journey. Whether you are a beginner, pro or hobbiest, you will be ecstatic that you made the choice of attending any of her classes or workshops. She is truly amazing!
I just want to say THANK YOU, because I am finally understanding the settings on my camera! Between the classes and the 1st private lesson, do I dare say that I am finally understanding Program and AV mode?! You have gotten me excited about using my camera again!
- I've had 1 photography lesson with Malinda so far, focusing on lighting, especially Malinda's favorite function -- exposure compensation. When you figure it out, you can finally take photos like this one of John the Lion at Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. I'm proud of this one and grateful for an awesome teacher. ❤️ [caption id="attachment_11305" align="aligncenter" width="267"] straight out of camera adjusting exposure[/caption]
- A friend of mine and I just finished our first photography lesson with Malinda and it was fantastic. She was patient, kind and so full of knowledge and simple instructions. I was so intimidated prior to this and now I have the confidence to go out and take some great pictures. Malinda’s handouts and presentation blended with hands on experience is the perfect combination. I highly recommend this company and look forward to leaning more from them in the future.
- Highly recommend classes to anyone! Malinda is a great teacher. She is super sweet and friendly. She shares her knowledge of 25 years experience and gives you useful information that will impact your photos. I learned so much in just one class and look forward to our next class.Also like to thank our most beautiful model Laney!
- I learned so much in my one-on-one lesson with Malinda. I am a complete beginner and after just two hours I felt like I learned so much and was much more comfortable with my camera. She was very friendly, patient and of course knowledgeable. I highly recommend her.
- I recently completed two 1-1 lessons with Malinda, and they were great! After the first lesson, I already felt much more confident with my camera and took better pictures. After the 2nd, I felt like I knew even more and knew how to put a few finishing touches through editing. It was great meeting on-locatio
n and taking photos with her, using the skills as we were talking about them. I'd recommend her!
Malinda Hartong is one of the most thoughtful, kind hearted and intelligent photographers that i have ever met.
Click button or order below. You’ll receive a 5 page pdf in 1 – 2 business days with full details. Print page 1 to include in a holiday card or fancy box if you like.
- 3 Lessons Gift
- • 3 - 2 Hour Lessons, virtual or in person
- • Any age & skill level
- • Lesson 1: Easy tricks for Sharp Focus & Capturing Fast Action
- • Lesson 2: Nail Exposure. No Manual Mode needed!
- Learn how your camera sees light! Quick fixes for brighter/darker photos!
- • Lesson 3: Beautiful Blurred Backgrounds! Learn Easy tricks for gorgeous blurred backgrounds and amazing portraits!
- • Great for new camera owners to get comfortable and dig in a bit BUT without man-splaining or manual mode! We keep it simple! You won't believe how easy and FUN it is!
- • 3 lessons is also great to get started or learn more editing skills in Photoshop or Lightroom one to one.
- 2 Lessons Gift
- 2 - 2 Hour Lessons, virtual or in person
- • Any age & skill level. All of lesson 1 - focus and freezing action PLUS
- • Exposure! How your camera see light?
- • Make your photos brighter! These tips even work for your smart phone!
- • Keep your shots from looking washed out and lacking detail! Again same tips for your smart phone
- • Nail the best exposure for your subject
- • Which flash is best for your camera and how to use it!
- 3 Lessons, 2 Friends Gift
- Everything is more fun with a buddy!
- Perfect for BFF's to learn together, have fun, take their cameras on walkabout!
- 1 Lesson Gift
- • Any age & skill level
- • Easy tricks for crisp images of any subject!
- • Sharp Focus! Learn how your camera focuses and how to set it's buttons
- • Focus right on your subject - there are tricks to this but its easier than you might think
- • Learn exactly which button does what with regard to focus
- • Track moving subjects - capture sharp action shots with your camera
- • Set shutter speed for freezing or blurring action on purpose.