Over The Rhine, Washington Park, Findlay Market
October 13, 2012, 9am-12noon
- meet: Washington Park, 8:30
- Walk kicks off promptly at 9am, 1200 block of Elm Street.
- Finish at Findlay Market around 12 noon, stay for lunch if you like.
- Be sure to dress for walking & being outside.
- Bring gloves & lunch/parking $.
- Free except your choice for lunch, parking.
- This walk is FULL with 50 participants BUT keep watching as Glenn Hartong may be setting one up soon as well. Be sure to check our additional classes being scheduled to get you ready for this fun photo day with TONS of tips & tricks for “street” photography. : )
I’m so excited to host another World Wide Photo Walk this year. We froze last year but had a BLAST! Here’s a link to the flickr photos from last year’s walk along the historic riverfront in Covington Kentucky. ALL skill levels WELCOME! Check the rules & tips at WWPW’s page link.
[button link="http://worldwidephotowalk.com" color="orange" size="small"]WWPW [/button]
Once you’re registred, go to FLICKR to join the photo group to post your images
Keep an eye out for special classes perfect to get ready for this event! View last year’s photos here. One winning image will be chosen from our group for a prize, then entered in the world wide contest.
Over The Rhine
Over the Rhine will provide a HUGE variety of scenes for us to focus on. Everything from urban to urban oasis. There’s history in stunning architecture from decades ago, as well as contemporary murals from ArtWorks, plus the new jewel in Cincinnati’s crown – Washington Park.
View Larger Map
If you haven’t been in downtown Cincinnati lately, you may not believe your eyes, especially when you feast those peepers on Washington Park. The water park, dog play area, bandstand, trees landscaping are stunning! Parking is pretty nice and very convenient with an underground garage. And being on Music Hall’s doorstep – what more could you ask for. That’s why we’re starting our walk there.
Not only is Findlay Market filled with great food, it’s a delish treat for our photography efforts too. This will be a TON of fun with my iPhone Olloclip lenses! Plus we can shop while we’re there! And grab lunch or a snack – with tastes to entice any palate. I hope you’re as stoked about this year’s photo walk as I am – be sure to Register for WWPW OTR I know we’ll fill up fast! There’s only room for 50. Plus fabulous prizes! Need practice tips before we go? Join us in an upcoming class – we’re even adding a few special 1 time only classes to prepare you for the WWPW!