Digital SLR: Beyond AUTO Mode
Today was the first class…WOW. I learned more about my camera in 2 1/2 hours than I learned in a 6 week intro to dslr class I took last year at an art school. Malinda is fantastic. Mirna.
8 hours of class & practice time filled with tons of real world examples, to help you better use your camera whether you’ve had it 5 days or 5 years. Malinda shares 20 years experience distilled to TONS of tips & tricks easy to understand & implement. Make better images after the 1st class
October 10-24, 2015: 3 Saturday mornings, 10am-12:30pm $150Evendale Cultural Arts Center, 10500 Reading Road, Cincinnati OH 45241 at Glendale Milford just of I75
We’re working to make registration faster, more secure, and easier. You can also Register Here using paypal or major card.
I have a better understanding of taking pictures the best way I can. I can’t believe how much is on my camera and I’ve had it for 6 years. Tessa
Leave the frustration of Auto Mode behind! Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- FOCUS: how often does Full Auto actually focus where YOU want? We fix this in the 1st class.
- ZOOM: Wide Angle vs. Telephoto. When & how to use them for best results.
- SETTINGS: Aperture (f-stop), Shutter Speed, & ISO – the equation to great images! What they mean and how to adjust them.
- MODES: Program, Aperture or Shutter Priority. When & how to use (& avoid using) Manual Mode.
- COMPOSITION: Tips & Tricks for more dynamic photos, when to use which lens and why.
- FLASH: Auto fires flash at the wrong time! When & how to Force Flash and when to turn it off – (this one will blow your mind! I’ve seen it happen every class).
- LIGHTING & EXPOSURE: take control, overcome problems, compensate for troublesome situations. WAY better photos in low light with less blur!
- MAGIC BUTTON: Malinda’s favorite exposure tip & why it’s so critical, but also easy! Use this to NAIL the exposure YOU see, not what the camera gives you!
- RESOLUTION, SAVING – images look better, crop better, plus tips to avoid accidentally destroy your images when editing & saving them!
- If you’d rather not get into as much “technical” stuff, check out our Digital Photo Quick Start class – 11/14/15.
- perfect gift for new camera owners!
- TEENS you’re invited too – if you’re 12-16, you’re asked to bring an adult along (who need not register).
- $150 for 8 hours of class & practice time. Class Sessions are 4 nights 7-9pm.
- If for some reason you’re unable to attend a class, you’re welcome to make it up in the next session.
- Not fitting your schedule? How about a 1-1 Lesson? Same great content & handouts plus geared to your personal needs. Or gather a group of friends for your own custom workshop, your place or ours!
- Limited to 16 participants – this class is our most popular – sessions tend to fill quickly. Register today.
I can finally use my camera without being on the auto mode! I have tried watching instructional videos and reading books without any luck. After taking your class I have the confidence to use my camera the way it was designed to be used. I’m excited to keep practicing and keep improving! Thanks again for everything! I am amazed by how much I have learned! Mindy, DSLR Beyond Auto Mode