Great news! If you were unable to get in to Malinda’s World Wide Photo Walk on October 13 from Washington Park to Findlay Market, Glenn Hartong is also scheduled to lead the walk, going the other direction.
Over The Rhine Photo Walk Scenes
Washington Park is the newest jewel in the Queen City’s crown. We’re excited to start our walks in this area! If you have not yet visited the park, check out the website here. Flickr. Twitter: @Washington Park
Glenn’s group will meet in front of another gem of the city, Music Hall. The facade is one of the city’s most beautiful landmarks, home to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and Cincinnati Opera. Twitter: CincySymphony CincinnatiOpera
Over The Rhine is undergoing an amazing transformation lately. You’ll be surprised by all the latest developments. We’re definitely taking our time walking to the market and back to savor all the architecture – old and new. Instagram tag: #ThisIsOTR Twitter:@OTRCincy
Glenn Hartong, Cincinnati Enquirer photojournalist & Malinda’s husband, will start in front of Music Hall, through Washington Park and a block over from Malinda’s group up to Findlay Market then back the way Malinda started. Again as with Malinda’s there is only room for 50 walkers to participate in the photo contest.
Once you have registered here, please join the Flickr Group to be able to post your photos from your walk.
[button color="#ffffff" background="#000000" size="medium" src="http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/over-the-rhine-oh-united-states-music-hall-washington-park/"]Register: Glenn's Photo Walk[/button]
Washington Park garage entrance is directly in front of Music Hall. Please arrive by 8:30 to park, gather gear, and assemble the group for instructions before we all kick off at 9am sharp. Malinda’s group of 50 will be using the same garage. Please plan accordingly. (at the time of writing, weekend rate $3 – 450 spaces)
Two vehicular entrances/exits are located on Race Street at 13th Street, and on Elm Street across from Music Hall. TAKE YOUR TICKET WITH YOU. Automated pay stations allow you to pay for parking in any of the three elevator lobbies before returning to your vehicle.
- Saturday October 13, 2012
- 1200 Elm Street, Cincinnati, Over The Rhine – Washington Park/Music Hall
- Glenn: Meet on the steps of Music Hall at or before 8:45am.
- Malinda: Washington Park Band Stand at or before 8:45am
- Walk kicks off at 9am sharp. You MUST register to participate in the contest.
- See details at WorldWidePhotoWalk.com Space is limited to 50 walkers for the contest.
- Costs: Parking & Findlay Market lunch/snack are not provided. No fee for the photo walk itself.
- Please dress appropriately. We recommend GLOVES hat and very comfortable shoes. It’s not called a walk for nothing. Remember to wipe media cards & charge batteries!
- Check out Malinda’s special photography classes before the walk! Especially 9/29 iPhone Photo Bootcamp! and iPad Workshops – great to share/edit your photos!
Questions, Comments, please contact us.